This time of year everyone seems to want to stop and reflect on their life and give thanks. The idea behind Thanksgiving makes it one of my favorite holidays. I wanted to express my gratitude before the actual day because in my world the day is filled with more stress and anxiety than actual thanks. (I blame Norman Rockwell for filling my head with ideas of what life should look like – not what life is like.)
With that in mind and gratitude in my heart I know I have more to be thankful for than any one person has a right to. Now in no particular order and I lumped everything together into five categories for easy reading:
1. Family – This includes everyone: family that I’ve been given, friends close enough to be called family (you know who you are), as well as my four-legged children.
2. Friends – We all know one of my favorite saying’s “It takes a village,” goes here. Without the support of my friends, life would look different!
3. Teaching career – As much as I complain about it, I’m fortunate to be able to work a steady job where I can help children learn. The benefits aren’t too bad either!
4. My own house – Not only do I think I have an awesome house, it has allowed me the priviledge of keeping Kobi and Sugar at home with me.
5. My health – I am so fortunate to be healthy (aside from those pesky seasonal allergies and periodic back twinges from doing stupid things on horses when I was younger!)
I am so fortunate – thank you everyone, from the bottom of my heart!