Okay…I gave the allergy socks a second try. Poor Kobi – he’s my guinea pig for every wacky idea I feel the urge to try.
I held Kobi’s hoof (with a ziploc bag over it) and mom attempted to push the sock up Kobi’s hoof. We got a little further this time…We got it past the hoof, but not up his leg. We peeled it off (again, he was so good) and attempted Sugar’s Quarter Horse size as opposed to his pony size (please don’t tell him we put the pony on him). Hers didn’t work any better than his.
We had to manipulate his leg and hoof to all sorts of positions to attempt this (I really wish I would have video taped it, but couldn’t since this was already a two person job). We decided not to try it on Sugar (she was traumatized enough with her ears today, we didn’t want to fuss with her feet as well).
So, I’ll call the company and return them next week…and back to the drawing board with Kobi’s allergies!