Welcome to Heather’s Horse Haven, or the Triple H Ranch, as we like to call it.
The reason for this blog is simple: I went to a writer’s workshop for online marketing given by Carol O’Dell. This was one of her recommendations as ways to gain and maintain relationships before, during, and after books are released.
I will be writing about things I know, mainly horses and frustration during the process of (eventually) getting published.
Before we start this journey together, I want to introduce all of the main characters in my life, who will be reported on regularly!
- Les – my human partner and ranch hand. If he can’t do it, then it doesn’t get done!
- Kobi – my equine partner. He’s a wild Mustang from Nevada who has trained with me in Dressage and now Western Pleasure.
- Sugar – Kobi’s pasture mate. She’s a Paint mare, and while she’s the most level headed horse I’ve ever met, she’s still a mare.
- Cuzzin – the world’s dumbest dog. Also one of the sweetest dogs, but definitely the dumbest.
- Jake – RIP. He was a large and wooly Percheron. We lost him in April, but those of you that have ever lost a pet know that they are never truly gone.
Now that you know the players, come back often to see how the adventure unfolds.